The College has established Research and Development Cell (R & D) in order to promote research activities among the students and staff of the college. All Head of departments also act as members of the cell which provides valuable suggestions/inputs in carrying out the research work in the College.
Functionalities of Research & Development Cell
The following are the functions and responsibilities of research and Development Cell
- To identify potential areas of research in various disciplines of engineering and form the faculty into various clusters based on their specialization.
- To prepare and submit proposals to government agencies like AICTE, UGC, DST, IE(I) etc for obtaining funded projects.
- To encourage multi-disciplinary research internally within the institute and externally with other organizations.
- Encourage staff to attend/publish papers in various National/International conferences of their specialised areas.
- To coordinate the research activities among the various departments of the college.
- Encourage the faculty to attend various research oriented Faculty development programmes.
- Encourage and motivate the staff to apply for Ph.D at various Universities.
- To encourage the staff to publish their research works in reputed journals that have good impact factor and are Scopus indexed.
- To plan for resource mobilization through industry interaction, consultancy and Extramural funding.
- Scrutinize the student’s project proposals and send them to various agencies for financial support and recommend the suitable projects.
- In order to promote research activity in college, CAHCET promotes and encourages to prepare and submit a proposal for internal funding.
- To keep research and development active, R & D Cell organize meetings every start and end of the semesters and subsequently discuss about internal funding systems.
- R & D cell receives the internal proposals, the committee evaluates and finally it approves or rejects based on the novelty or benefits to society or college.