The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 is a legislative act in India that seeks to protect women from sexual harassment at their place of work.
What is a Women’s Protection and Empowerment Cell?
A Cell to provide protection against sexual harassment of women at workplace and for the prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
The Act will ensure that women are protected against sexual harassment at all the work places, be it in public or private. This will contribute to realisation of their right to gender equality, life and liberty and equality in working conditions everywhere. The sense of security at the workplace will improve women’s participation in work, resulting in their economic empowerment and inclusive growth.
According to the act
- Sexual Harassment includes any one of or more of the following unwelcome acts or behavior (whether directly or by implication) namely.
- Any aggrieved woman may make, in writing, a complaint of Sexual Harassment at work place to the Internal Complaints Committee.
- No woman shall be subjected to sexual harassment at any workplace.
- Sexual Harassment of women is a crime.
- Physical contact and advances; or
- A demand or request for sexual favours; or
- Making sexually coloured remarks; or
- Showing pornography; or
- Any other unwelcomed physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
- Stringent action will be taken on those who violate the act.
- Every offence under this Act shall be non-cognizable.
A separate Internal Complaints Committee has been formed. Any kind of sexual harassment shall be brought to the notice of the Internal Complaints Committee immediately.
INTERNAL COMPLAINT COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|S.No||Staff Name||Designation||Contact No|
|2||Dr. S. Uma Maheswari, Prof/IT||Chairman||9790826829|
|3||Dr. K. Ramya, AP/Maths||Member Secretary
|4||Mrs. S. Sathya, AP/CSE||Member||—|
|5||Mrs. P. Radha, AP/Civil||Member||—|
|6||Ms. R. Suganya, AP/Engilish||Member||—|