SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES DEPARTMENT
To provide an ideal system of Higher Education
To train the youth in need-based, job oriented courses
To inculcate in the minds of the youth, a sense of discipline and creative thinking
To bring about a complete and harmonious development of all factors that contribute to the formation of Human Personality
To inculcate discipline, moral, social values and responsibilities in students.
To promote a sense of scientific inquiry by raising questions.
To develop individual initiative by self-study.
To encourage group discussion and group studies.
To care for the development of an all-round personality.
To strive and achieve not less than 90% results in all subjects except English.
To achieve 100% results in English.
To help students those who reappear for arrear papers.
To provide opportunities for bringing out the talents of the students by conducting co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Providing quality technical education on par with global standards.
- To nurture world class intellectual growth of our students by imparting high quality, futuristic technical education in a cost effective manner.
- To inculcate love for integrity and moral values among students and enable them to contribute to the development of humanity through application and dissemination of technical knowledge.
- To strive for advancement in engineering research and develop the college into a center par excellence in engineering and technology.
Program Educational Objectives
- Succeed in getting engineering positions with software and hardware industries in private or government sectors at the national/international level.
- Pursue higher degrees in engineering practicing life-long learning.
- Become entrepreneurs and will practice ethics and have a sense of social responsibility.
Program Specific Outcomes
Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Apply algorithmic principles and technical skills in designing and modelling of computer based systems.
- Apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality software product.
- Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.