The Department of Mechanical Engineering is functioning since the inception of this institution. The Department has got permanent affiliation status from Anna University, Chennai. The mission of the department is to produce Mechanical Engineers who will possess the acumen, competence and skills needed to enter, succeed and lead a professional career.
The Department is enriched with highly qualified and dedicated team of faculty members and mentors who are ready to accommodate the needs of student’s community. The faculty members are constantly engaged in research and development activities and have subsequent publications in various national and international journals.
The Department is proud to have developed fully fledged infrastructure facilities and laboratories to impart quality education. All our graduates have been able to find placements in reputed organizations in India and abroad.
Be a nationally recognized mechanical engineering department.
- To impart quality technical education through vigorous teaching-learning activities.
- To inspire students for continuous learning through advanced education.
- To nurture students to evolve as social leaders through societal and entrepreneurial activities.
Program Educational Objectives
The graduates of Mechanical Engineering will:
PEO-1: Have a successful professional career in domain specific and / or related fields.
PEO-2: Succeed in pursuit of higher studies.
PEO-3: Endeavor for advancement of society through entrepreneurship.
Program Specific Outcomes
The graduates of mechanical engineering will be able to:
PSO-1: Design and Analyze mechanical system(s) using CAE tools.
PSO-2: Explore alternate high performance materials for engineering industry.
- Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.