COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at CAHCET provides graduate and post graduate programs. The study of computer science and engineering are now essential to success in the current information society.
Our faculty members commit themselves to teaching and being available to mentor you throughout your stay in the department. We teach the technical fundamentals and give you the time to apply your knowledge in real situations.
When you graduate from CAHCET Computer Science and Engineering program you will be able to engage in successful careers in industry, academia, and public service, providing technical leadership by solving significant problems across a broad range. The department will prepare you well to adapt to the new technologies, tools and methodologies.
In this rightly called Silicon Valley of India you will obtain a solid education in Computer Science and Engineering at C. Abdul Hakeem College Of Engineering and Technology. We are very sure that you will enjoy your learning in the department as much as we enjoy teaching. We wish you success.
To empower the students of Computer Science and Engineering with latest technological skills and motivate them to achieve excellence in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To encourage students to become self-motivated, problem solving individuals who can find and understand the knowledge needed to be successful Computer Science Engineers.
- To produce quality Computer Science Professionals by imparting quality training, hands on experience and value education.
- To impart latest technological skills through innovative teaching, creative research, and consultancy activities.
- Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Apply algorithmic principles and technical skills in designing and modelling of computer based systems.
- Apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality software product.
Program Educational Objectives
- Succeed in getting engineering positions with software and hardware industries in private or government sectors at the national/international level.
- Pursue higher degrees in engineering by practicing life-long learning.
- Become entrepreneurs and will practice ethics and have a sense of social responsibility.