The Department of Civil Engineering has been established in 2008 with an intake of 30 students which then increased to 60 in the year 2011. The Department of Civil Engineering seeks to develop graduates who have the knowledge, skills, and qualities necessary to pursue professional licensure, advanced level studies, practice and leadership in the civil engineering profession. The department also offers post graduate programme in Environmental Engineering from the year 2013.
Department provides an exposure through variety of events and an activity planned throughout the year and provides a platform to showcase and sharpen student’s talents. It plays a vital role in training the students through Industry partnership, in plant training, value added courses and industrial visits to meet the demands of industry.
Department undertakes industrial consultancy works as a part of its interaction with industry, for Central Government, State Government and Private sectors and also organizes Seminars/Symposia for professional development by inviting experts from reputed organizations to share their knowledge and experience with civil engineering students to motivate and enlighten them. Students are encouraged to actively participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities in reputed institutions all over India and are rewarded by the management.
Providing quality technical education on par with global standards.
- To nurture world class intellectual growth of our students by imparting high quality, futuristic technical education in a cost effective manner.
- To inculcate love for integrity and moral values among students and enable them to contribute to the development of humanity through application and dissemination of technical knowledge.
- To strive for advancement in engineering research and development in to a centre par excellence in engineering and technology.
Program Educational Objectives
- Succeed in getting engineering positions with software and hardware industries in private or government sectors at the national/international level.
- Pursue higher degrees in engineering practicing life-long learning.
- Become entrepreneurs and will practice ethics and have a sense of social responsibility.
Program Specific Outcomes
Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Apply algorithmic principles and technical skills in designing and modelling of computer based systems.
- Apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality software product.
- Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.