Ragging – An Offense
Ragging in any from in any place or time is a Cognizable offense that will attract severe punishment including summary expulsion from the College.
Extract of Anna University, Chennai Letter No. 1913/CAI/2009 date 28.11.2009.
1. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, “Ragging” means display of noisy, disorderly conduct, doing any act which causes or is likely to causes physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or embarrassment to a student in any educational institution and includes.
- Teasing, abusing or playing practical jokes on, or causing hurt to such student or
- Asking the student to do any act or performance something which such student will not, in the ordinary case, willingly act or perform.
2. Ragging within or outside any educational institution is prohibited.
3. Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates “Ragging” within or outside any educational institution, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extent to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extent to ten thousand rupees.
4. Any student convicted of an offense under section 4 shall also be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution.
5. Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, whenever, any student complains of raging to the head of an educational institution, or to any other person responsible for the management of the educational institution, such Head of the educational institution or person responsible for the management of the educational institution shall inquire into the same immediately and if found true shall suspend the student, who has committed the offense, from the educational institution in the ordinary case, willingly act or perform.
BAN ON RAGGING
Ragging is banned in our institution. Any one found or reported to have indulged in ragging is liable to be punished as per legislation / regulation to the point of expulsion from the institution.
|S.No||Name of the Member||Designation||Position||Contact No|
|1||Dr. J. Basakaran
|4||Dr. S.I. Aslam||Physical Director||Member||04172-268187|
|5||Mr. K. Irsad Ahmed||Teacher||Member||04172-268187|
|6||Mr. Aneesur Rahman
||Final year IT student||Member||04172-268187|
|S.No||Staff Name||Designation||Position||Contact No|
|1||Dr. J. Baskaran
|2||Mr. C. Neeladharan||HOD/Civil||Member||04172-267387|
|3||Mr .C. Mohammed Hashim||HOD/EEE||Member||04172-267387|
|4||Mr. K. Lokeshwaran||HOD/CSE||Member||04172-267387|
|5||Dr. S. Uma Maheswari||HOD/IT||Member||04172-267387|
|6||Dr. S. I.Aslam||Physical Director||Member||04172-267387|