The Information Technology (IT) Department offers B. Tech. programme in Information Technology. Department provides a learning environment that helps students to be successful in their professional lives as well as becoming lifelong learners. The graduates of the department have been placed in prestigious national and international organizations. Many of graduates choose to join further studies from premier institutes in India and abroad. The department is actively involved in various research domains like High Performance Computing, Software Engineering, Networking, Information and Network Security with structured integration of research and academic activities. To support academic requirements and research initiatives department is well equipped with modern computing amenities which includes High End servers, more than 200 computing systems connected via LAN using Ethernet or Wi-Fi so as to provide wired as well as wireless connectivity. For strengthening the execution of various academic and research activities, department has collaborated with various research organizations. Department also emphasizes on the societal obligations of the academic community. Under extension activities department is very much active in conducting trainings, workshops, programs helpful to the society in general.
To be a pioneer in educating advanced information technology to students.
- To impart sound knowledge of IT domains to the students in the under graduate level.
- To nurture students to fulfill the dynamic industrial needs.
- To motivate students to pursue higher degrees in technology and practice ethics with a social responsibility.
Program Educational Objectives
- IT Graduates shall have basic and advanced knowledge in Information Technology along with the required supporting knowledge in mathematics, sciences, management and engineering fundamentals.
- IT Graduates will succeed in getting engineering positions with software and hardware industries, to become entrepreneurship and will practice ethics and have a sense of social responsibility.
- IT Graduates will succeed in the pursuit of advanced degrees in engineering and/or practice continued life-long independent learning.
Program Specific Outcomes
Information Technology graduates will be able to:
- Apply current technical concepts and practices in the Information Management which uses the concepts of Databases, Data mining, information coding and effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
- Identify and Analyze computing system that efficiently utilizes system software and hardware to cover user needs in a socially and economically acceptable form.
- Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.