ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE), deals with the engineering problems, opportunities and needs of electrical, electronics, computer, telecommunication systems and related industries.
This branch provides students with a wide range of fundamental knowledge in core disciplines such as communications, control systems, signal processing, radio frequency design, micro-processors, micro-electronics, power generation and electrical machines.
The discipline focuses on design and manufacture of electrical, electronic devised, computers and their component parts, as well as on the integration of components into complex systems.
EEE Engineers focuses on the analysis, design, development and manufacture of electrical equipments, electronic devices, Mechatronics technologies, and automation and control systems
- Electrical Engineers deal with power generation and transmission systems.
- EEE engineers, design circuits for electrically operated vehicles, computers, digital devices, electronic memory storage devices, industrial robots and CNC machines.
- EEE Engineers setup & operate the telecommunication, wireless and internet networks.
- Electrical & Electronics engineers can work in wide range of fields such as power generation, electronics, computers & control systems, telecommunication and Bio-Medical. EEE Engineers can find opportunities in any of the following categories.
- Electrical Engineer in power generation and distribution in power plants & electrical sub stations.
To be a Center of Excellence and become a source of cutting edge technologies in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To achieve global eminence in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To nurture the talent and to facilitate the students with all round personality development to make a positive difference to society through education.
- To cultivate a committed group of competent faculty striving for excellence in teaching and research.
- To develop collaborative research and linkages with leading research organizations.
Program Educational Objective
Graduates of the programme will have
- Successful professional careers in Electrical and Electronics Industries.
- Ability to pursue higher education and significantly contribute to research solving societal issues.
- The ability and attitude to adapt to evolving technological challenges.
Program Specific Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the programme, Graduates will have the ability to
- Apply the concepts of circuit and control theory to solve electrical engineering problems.
- Model and analyze electrical apparatus and their application to power system.
- Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.